Episode 15: Interview with Karen Brown
About Karen Brown:
Having grown up and lived in Colorado all of my life, I’ve been drawn to the outdoors and an active lifestyle. I’ve worked in store and mall management, but those experiences were merely leading me to something better – working in real estate and ultimately working at Keller Williams. My training with Keller Williams opened up new doors for me in my personal and professional life. It was the BOLD training with Keller Williams that made me less afraid to embrace one of my life-long goals – to go to Kona for the Ironman.
- Karen talks about her new book, Journey to Kona: A path to true potential
- After connecting with a dream of competing in the Ironman World Champions. An emotional chord that touched inside of her made her ask questions about her true potential in life.
- Sharing her dream with other people, created accountability to continue to pursue her dream. By accident she became an inspiration to other and felt the vehicle to get her story out to others was writing a book.
- Karen Brown greatest hope of sharing her book, is that people see it as an allegory for them to connect with their true potential.
Karen Brown shares three key points with us from her book
- Having a schedule that supported her goals. A time block schedule.
- Discipline of not doing certain things, that get you off track.
- Accountability support – through a coach.
- Born To Run
- My Life Thru Ultra
- Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway
- What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There
- “Exceptional people have discovered, and live out their purpose every day.”
- “The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of the state of your mind.”
- “We are pilgrims of self discovery and it’s up to us the path that we choice from our discoveries.”
Karen Brown final thoughts…
“Now is the time… No better time then now to pursue and admit them to yourself, because your dreams can happen… you do have them inside of you…”
Get notified of the next episode:
Hosted by Jeremy C. Jones