Episode 31: Interview with Mark Nanez about how millennials (anyone) can get hired FAST
Click PLAY to listen to this episode
About Mark Nanez
Mark Nanez does social consulting and management.
3 Big Ideas about getting hired:
- A college degree doesn’t guarantee that you’ll land a job and a career
- Your personal brand investment can’t afford to skipped
- Platforms on delivering your personal brand
A college degree doesn’t guarantee that you’ll land a job and a career
- You need to go beyond than just getting that degree, you should have other attributes, other characteristics, other things that you can bring so the organization will value you and will help them reach their goals. It is important to expose yourself on organizations and have some experiences. You are only limited to what you are exposed to. Start as early as possible.
- Your personal brand is something that’s going to follow you the rest of your life, that’s your reputation. If you have a personal brand that sticks out as individuals as a hard worker or hitting certain metrics that’s when people are gonna start looking at you as a type of individuals that gets things done. Having a personal brand goes beyond your resume it is mainly to get third party validation on what you say you can or cannot do.
- Career Services Department those are the people who know what’s going out there in the job market, they know what job is for your specific major. That’s the key for millennials.
Your personal brand investment can’t afford to skipped
- Blogging works on your communication skills. There are different styles of writing no matter how bad you think it is. No matter how big or small your blog is, that is someone else’s attention towards your opinions and it is very important and something to be proud of no matter how big the audience is.
- To create more authority, credibility and influence for myself and to do that is developing affinity of people and place you are affiliated with and producing content because you are seen as a leader. It is very important to be a leader and that’s something that helps you stand out amongst the crowd. Looking for your advice because they view you as a subject expert and that is really powerful, you’ve got to change other people’s lives as well. No matter how significant you might think the content is for someone else it might dramatically impact their life. It is extremely important to be influential, and have that authority.
Platforms on delivering your personal brand
- Something like podcasting, is huge, it’s been around for a very long time and continuing to grow very fast. Straight hopping on podcast is huge for audio or video content. It is important to create a video, but in order to distribute the video you need to use platforms and highly recommended to use our social media platforms like twitter, Instagram, facebook, snapchat and youtube.
- You need to be in all these platforms because it is all about being omnipresent. You want to be top of mind all the time so you need to continuously push out this content to social media platforms and be highly engaged.
- You are only limited to what you are exposed to.
- Your personal brand is something that’s going to follow you the rest of your life, that’s your reputation.
- The help is there just go out there and ask for.
- Having a personal brand goes beyond your resume it is mainly to get third party validation on what you say you can or cannot do.
- Being a leader helps you stand out amongst the crowd.
- The Millennial’s Ultimate Guide To Get Hired
- Power AUTHORity: The Self-Published Author’s Guide To Build Your Expert Credibility From Scratch
Enjoy the episode
NOTICE: “AskJeremyJones.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AskJeremyJones.com, amazon.com, TheBookDistrict.com, or TheDaily9.com.”
Hosted by Jeremy C. Jones
Get Behind The Scenes Self-Publishing Insights: www.Snapchat.com/add/askjeremyjones
FREE Gift: Get my #1 Best-Selling paperback book FREE!
==> Get it here: TheBookDistrict.com/power-authority