Episode 30: Interview with Dr. Bob Routolo
Click PLAY to listen to this episode
About Dr. Bob Routolo
Dr. Bob Ruotolo has developed a system that enables you to transform your life, your career, and/or your relationships. Beginning from the inside out discover who you truly are: your desires, passion, purpose, strengths and limitations. From the outside in discover how others see you and why. Learn how to apply a set of tools and methods to redefine your direction in life and how to succeed in implementing the goals to fulfill your true purpose(s). Bob Ruotolo is a life and executive coach, consultant, speaker, and author with over 30 years of experience in leadership and organization development. Bob engages his clients with high-energy providing them with the tools and support they require to transform their lives.
He works with his clients individually and in groups only after they have a full understanding of the commitment required on their part to fully engage in the transformation process. The engagement and commitment process consists of 3-4 sessions and is framed by 4 Core Values. Dr. Bob has designed and implemented ‘change management’ efforts within, and as a consultant to, major corporations including AlliedSignal Inc., Exxon USA, Imperial Oil LTD. – Canada, Government of Bermuda, Bank of New South Wales, Australia, C.D. Howe Institute, and Petroleum Association for the Conservation of Canadian Environment.
Dr. Bob holds a doctoral degree in staff development and organization change from the University of Pennsylvania and has published several articles and books including INSPIRATION AT WORK – Igniting a New Entrepreneurial Spirit in the Individual and Corporation; and CREATING YOUR DREAMS AND MAKING THEM REAL: A Coaching and Mentoring Guide.
3 Big Ideas about Personal and Business SUCCESS:
- The concepts and tools provided throughout the book apply to individual, team and organizational development at all levels
- Mental Conditioning
- The SUCCESS Formula
- The first principle is that I know myself. In order for a person to be successful in their life and career they have to be able to understand who they are, they have to know what their strengths are, they have to know what are their abilities are, they have to know what they can do and cannot do, they have to understand what are their purpose in life.
- The second principle is that I establish my values and belief. I have to recognize all those beliefs I know, values integral to me, are they consistent and then I have to ask myself: what are my core values?
- The third principle is that I am responsible for my behavior. There will be no blaming, there will be nobody saying ‘oh I didn’t mean to do that’ to take ownership. That goes back to my value integrity, so I have to live by the consequences of my own behavior accept the rewards and whatever it may not be that sounds fine.
- The fourth principle I think it’s a principle of empowerment, that I am the co-designer of my present and future. I am a person of action, a person that can impact who I’m with and where I’m going. If you are not successfully where you want to be, see who you surround yourself with.
- Look at those relationships that supported you, those relationships that disempower you in share those relationships and gather those people around you who believe in you and are willing to support you and you will or to have a very successful existence.
- The last principle I ask people to consider is to be successful in their lives, in their careers is to give thanks and to celebrate life. So recognizing that life is a gift is that nothing we have total power. Over that is the gift of breath and also live a life of gratitude into and look at the things where to give wealth to you, look at the gifts you have, all those accomplishments that you have and give thanks for that and celebrate wherever you are.
- It is our thinking that affects how we behave, how we respond to ourselves. It’s the power of your thought, everything starts with a thought and whether you perceive that thought positive and negative.
- Success formula: S- sense of meaning for their life U- understanding C-conviction and commitment C- courage all of us will face barriers and obstacles and challenges in our life E-enthusiasm S- sharing my goals with others S-support others in their quest for success.
- “If you wanna be successful in this relationship in this interview, I want to be and so as you clarified to me we set common expectations, we both might be successful.”
- “I have to live by the consequences of my own behavior accept the rewards and whatever it may not be that sounds fine.”
- “Look at those relationships that supported you, those relationships that disempower you in share those relationships to and gather those people around you who believe in you and are willing to support you and you will or to have a very successful existence.”
- “Recognizing that life is a gift is that nothing we have total power.”
- “I learned from their mistakes, I was able to plan and organize my studies and I tried to do that in a subsequent time and life when I can accomplish something.”
- “It is our thinking that affects how we behave, how we respond to ourselves.”
- “It’s the power of your thought, everything starts with a thought and whether you perceive that thought positive and negative.”
- “They have clarity of purpose, they have to envision what it is to be successful and they also have to have core value.”
- “Sometimes you just get up in the morning and do what you have to do sometimes it takes courage to take a risk.”
- “Surround yourself with people who are interested in learning.”
- “Look at every day as a learning lesson there are no mistakes lessons that help us to be even better.”
Enjoy the episode
NOTICE: “AskJeremyJones.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AskJeremyJones.com, amazon.com, TheBookDistrict.com, or TheDaily9.com.”
Hosted by Jeremy C. Jones
Get Behind The Scenes Self-Publishing Insights: www.Snapchat.com/add/askjeremyjones
FREE Gift: Get my #1 Best-Selling paperback book FREE!
==> Get it here: TheBookDistrict.com/power-authority