Episode 179: Interview with Lee Goff
Click PLAY to listen to this episode
Lee is an entrepreneur who grew up in the deep south, raised in Pascagoula, Mississippi by people who taught him to work hard and do what is right. He started his first agency, GETUWired, in 2003 in his upstairs bedroom with absolutely nothing. After growing GETUWired into a Multi-million dollar agency, winning 2012 Technology Partner of the year, 2013 Infusionsoft Innovator of the Year, Top company culture – Entrepreneur Magazine in 2015, and Infusionsoft Elite Business of the Year Finalist in 2015, and many more accomplishments, he decided to step out and retire. He took the advice of Jim Collins and the Infusionsoft leadership and began handing off leadership responsibilities, eventually leading to his retirement from the Agency in early 2014. Then in June of 2016 sold out his remaining shares to his long time partners to pursue his passion of mentoring small businesses. Leading, Guiding, Mentoring and Encouraging other entrepreneurs down a slightly easier road than he had, is Lee’s true mission! Lee did successfully start and sell a multi-million dollar company, but at what cost? Through the stress of starting and running this agency, Lee suffered a massive heart attack at the age of 43. Not cool — and preventable! Since exiting in 2016, Lee has focused all of his energy on creating and implementing guaranteed ways to make starting, scaling, running and potentially selling a successful agency easier and dramatically faster … OH, and more enjoyable… while still being very profitable. By combining timeless Old School Philosophies with automation and the Cloud, Lee created the perfect combination that allowed him to work smarter by actually working less – giving him the time to take care of himself and his family.
3 big ideas discussed in this episode:
- Niche or Focus – When you keep your target audience hyper focused, everything gets 10x’s easier.
- With a clearly defined target audience, meaning you are niched out. You can now create a high value product line that can be sold thousands of times. Productization is the key to scaling and growing large business very fast.
- Lead Magnets based on the products you have – I will explain my lead magnet diversification tactic that gets amazing results for anyone who implements it.
To Connect with BIG Thinkers and Hear More BIG Ideas: http://TheBookDistrict.com
- Website https://www.marketingagencycoach.com
- Instagram https://www.facebook.com/digitalagencycoaching
- LinkedIn Connect on LinkedIn